Click here to print install instructions
Installation of Rear Lowering Link for Vision
1. Secure bike in bike lift/recommend using tie straps to hold down bike
2. Remove seat
3. Remove cover under seat/ set aside tube that runs across cover that connects to shock.
4. Install scissor jack under bike on bottom of motor. Lift bike till you find the sweet spot in the link. The link will start to have play and feel loose when you hit the spot.
5. Remove upper nut on link. You will not be able to remove the bolt yet.
6. Under the frame in front of the rear tire, there is a cover with two bolts. Remove this cover. Behind the cover there is a bolt which holds the shock and link mechanism. Remove this bolt. This will allow the shock and link mechanism to drop down far enough to remove the bolt. On later models there are two bolts located on top of the swing arm, under the seat. Remove these two bolts and the mechanism will drop.
7. Remove the lower link bolt attached to trailing arm.
8. You may need to raise the scissor jack in order to have enough room to remove the stock link.
9. Remove link, and replace with lowered link. Use new hardware provided to install link on top. Use factory hardware to install lower portion of link. Note: if installing a 2â/3â drop, you will need to grind part of the frame for clearance of the top bolt.
10. Reinstall bolt that holds shock mechanism. Reinstall cover.
11. Make sure all bolts on the lowering link are tight at this time.
12. Reinstall cover plate under seat. Replace air hose into factory positioning.
13. Reinstall seat.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.